The Last Jedi has come and gone. There are no more secrets surrounding the film, there is no more reasoning for theorizing what’s going to happen in every scene, what’s going to transpire for every character in The Last Jedi, and how the movie will probably play out as a whole, and the mystery surrounding Luke Skywalker has finally been resolved.
Now I all I have to do is wait for the Blu-Ray to become available which will be happening sooner rather than later. A couple of days ago it was announced that The Last Jedi will be available on Digital on March 13 (yes I said it, March 13th!!!) and then on Blu-Ray two weeks later on March 27. It’s a dream come true! For the past two years the Blu-Ray has been available around mid-April but thanks to Solo: A Star Wars Story coming out in May this time the Blu-Ray will ready for purchase at the end of March. And let me tell you, the bonus features for The Last Jedi are beyond amazing. Here are all of them.
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Oh. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!! Do you see all of this fascinatingly interesting content we’ll be able to enjoy thanks to LucasFilm and Rian Johnson being so nice to us avid Star Wars fans. And here’s the thing. Not only is it over two hours of bonus footage but…wait for it, wait for it.
There’s also FOURTEEN deleted scenes. That is insane! I have never seen a movie have so many deleted scenes in my life. It shows how massive Rian Johnson’s vision for The Last Jedi truly was and, due to timing, they had to condense the movie to a slightly modest two hours and thirty-two minutes compared to having The Last Jedi become a Star Wars film that would end up being close to three hours long. I am so excited to see these deleted scenes. I mean, what could they be?
I think I have an idea, thanks to reading Star Wars news, of what two of the deleted scenes will entail. One is supposedly going to show Rey participate in a third lesson from Luke on Ach-To which sounds like a deleted scene that I’m going to enjoy thoroughly. And then another deleted scene is going to include Finn and Phasma aboard The Supremacy after DJ betrays him and Rose. That’s just two out of fourteen! deleted scenes though, that’s how amazing that is.
I’ve seen some amazing movie bonus features in my time. The movies’ behind-the-scenes featurettes I’ve enjoyed the most was for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (amazing bonus features by the way) and The Force Awakens. Rogue One had a disappointing bonus feature package that didn’t even span an hour and didn’t include any deleted scenes. Judging from all of this content, however, The Last Jedi is probably going to join my list of favorite special features packages for a movie.
I thank you for reading and I hope this made you as excited as me because I am ecstatic. Have a gorgeous day and May the Force Be With You.