In a little over 70 days, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will be entering theaters. Yeah, we’re about ten and a half weeks away from the first MCU movie of the year and my excitement is building rapidly. With each new Marvel movie, I usually like to do a Marvel marathon. My last marathon was before Shang-Chi and I had decided to start the marathon seventeen days before the movie came out. That was a bad idea.
Trying to get through 20+ movies in just a little over two weeks was an absolute nightmare and I realized from there on I would have to really plan ahead of time to prepare myself for these marathons.
This time, ahead of Multiverse of Madness, I’m going to watch everything possibly related to the film and that means I’ve got to make a list. However, I decided to share that list with you all and the order I will be watching these movies (and shows) so…here’s my Marvel marathon.
Almost Every X-Men Movie
Despite not liking the X-Men movies a ton after hearing Patrick Stewart’s Professor X speak in the trailer I feel obligated to revisit these films and actually pay close attention to the story. Thankfully, the entries I want to see are actually on Disney+ so…yay!
I will be watching in this order:
- X-Men (Animated Series)
- X-Men (I honestly still haven’t seen how this movie starts so that’ll be interesting.)
- X2 (I personally didn’t like this film at all but I’ll watch it again for the sake of the marathon.)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (Boring, cheesy, but climactic.)
- X-Men: First Class (Not a terrible origin story but there are way too many scantily-clad ladies in this movie.)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (At least this is a legitimately good movie.)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (This may be a terrible film but it happens to be my favorite X-Men movie because it’s downright hilarious…except for Magneto’s story which is actually awfully tragic.)
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix (The end.)
The Doctor Strange, Wanda Maximoff, and Loki Lineup
And then, after I finish my X-Men extravaganza it will be time to watch my MCU lineup featuring these three characters that have affected the upcoming movie the most.
I will be watching their content in this order:
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (Wanda’s Story)
- Captain America: Civil War (Still Wanda’s Story)
- Doctor Strange (The origin of my favorite superhero)
- Thor: Ragnarok (For the Doctor Strange cameo and Loki’s story…and yes I skupped the first two Thor movies because honestly, I don’t need them)
- Avengers: Infinity War (Doctor Strange gets cooler, Wanda’s tragic story continues, and Loki *whimpers* perishes)
- Avengers: Endgame (Just for the heck of it…and Doctor Strange and Wanda are at the end of that movie so…)
- WandaVision (Scarlet Witch’s origin story, I’ll probably only watch the last two episodes though)
- Loki (Because this is the story that properly opened the multiverse.)
- What If…? (It’s got Captain Carter and Doctor Strange Supreme, what more could I ask for?)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (Even though this story is mainly about Peter Parker I do feel like it’s going to lead to some major repercussions in Doctor Strange’s story.)
Yeah…I have to get through all of that…in a little over two months. Wish me luck!
(In fact, I’m about to start binge-watching some of those episodes from the animated X-Men series as soon as I finish writing this.)
I thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day.